[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: First IROC series

Postby studioRS » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:20 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:21 am

Jeremy! Wahoo you're here! Honestly, the chassis choice isn't decided yet, it was mostly the shape of the Ninco body w/Fuchs that lead this decision to forge ahead. I'm sacrificing a new purchase Ninco 934 #50586 to build the RSR body. If we all decide upon using the Ninco chassis, I have two and can offer my extra to use if you like. Chassis choice of course can all play out and be decided upon here. My vote is to keep it simple. I'm just the fabricator and will be drinking maple syrup with the Vermont elves down in the shop crafting up the 3.0 Litre RSR, eventually for the 12 wise men.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 am

My feeling is yes I think the Ninco chassis would be an easy to mod and simple (as in lower and make RSR IROC version) and affordable even if you have to buy a complete Ninco Porsche 934. Just getting a resin shell and having to detail for paint, decals, etc will take enough time. Since I've never done a proxy race and my RS Bergrennen is in the midst of being built, I'm going to have to have the experts chime in and set the rules. Would be nice to have the same flavor of IROC with different tracks around the country to race on too. If we build it, they will come!

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:48 am

I have a MRRC Sebring chassis, so good to go here. EDIT: I'm building the T.Adamowicz early '68 911 on the MRRC chassis/body and the rear is extremely narrow. When my Ninco 934 arrives, I'll take some photos of the body on the MRRC chassis. My 0.02 cents… you will have to use the MRRC Fuchs as inserts for other wheels, because the darn Porsche 3.0 L RSR has hips like a hippo and deep 11" wide rear rims.
Last edited by studioRS on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:03 am

Ok, MRRC Porsche 911 chassis works for me! Three of us so far, perfect. I'm willing to forge ahead and make the original RSR body, but I need some help. Please point me in the right direction (or just send me the parts) to make the wider axles, bushings, wheels and tires that will work for the RSR using the MRRC chassis. The orange RSR link from Ernesto in this thread will give you a good idea. Measurements will happen tonight since I have a Ninco 934 and MRRC Sebring chassis. TIA.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 am

Awesome Jeremy, SCC having the parts. I will determine what the measurements are, as I said, I'm in new terrritory here, so leaning on you guys for modification parts assistance. After I get the correct measurements, we can go from there about parts.

I agree with the hat thing. There must be an online java scripted random choosing method app somewhere too?

Next up is me starting to design the decals, I'll get started on these right away and choose the right paint colors.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 am

I'll check out random.org. This little wheel is cute, but you have to rely on each time each person uses it to hit "remove" and save… so it won't really work.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am

Looks like this is the version we should use?
http://www.random.org/widgets/draws/
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Jeremy, that is perfect, thanks!

Here is the list, I used the graphic I found for the cars/names/colors based on the actual Porsche IROC colors. I will base the decals off this too. We should stick with this eventhough they ran different combos...

2, Donohue, GP Weiß (GP White) POR 908
1, Fittipaldi, Sahara Beige POR 516
3, Revson, Leuchtend gelbe (Bright Yellow) POR 139
10, Petty, Pistazien-Grün (Pistachio Green) POR 137
9, Allison, Gulfblau (Gulf Blue) POR 328
6, Hulme, Olympiablau (Olympic Blue) POR L51P
4, Follmer, Mexico blau POR 336
8, Foyt, Aubergine POR 025
11, Johncock, Karminrot POR 009
7, Unser, Indiarot POR 027
5, Pearson, Fraise POR 024
12, McClusky, Orange POR 156

Last edited by studioRS on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 pm

I hope the sorting hat chooses "8, Foyt, Aubergine POR 025" for Thompson… oh please, oh please! :pray:
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Man I should have been following this thread a little closer.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:38 pm

BOOM! Now there are four of us!!! Muhaaaaa :text-thankyouyellow:

I thought this would help me at the least, maybe others? My best guess based on Tamiya paint charts. I'll be trying to use my Tamiya airbrush, but if the all wise Jeremy sorting hat chooses me to be in Pistashio, well, then I'll have to use the TS-41 Coral Blue spray can and duke it out with Dave :angry-tappingfoot:

2, Donohue, GP Weiß (GP White) POR 908
1, Fittipaldi, Sahara Beige POR 516
3, Revson, Leuchtend gelbe (Bright Yellow) POR 139
10, Petty, Pistazien-Grün (Pistachio Green) POR 137
9, Allison, Gulfblau (Gulf Blue) POR 328
6, Hulme, Acidblau (Acid Blue) POR L305
4, Follmer, Mexico blau POR 336
8, Foyt, Aubergine POR 025
11, Johncock, Karminrot POR 009
7, Unser, Indiarot POR 027
5, Pearson, Fraise POR 024
12, McClusky, Orange POR 156

Last edited by studioRS on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!