[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy)

The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy)

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Beginner's Carrera Proxy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Well, I am no expert but I'll help someone out.

I can't host or join in as I am just too swamped with other races and hosting events.

But if anyone new needs some help, I'll do my best.

I will offer my Razor so you can send the car here and I will true the wheels. I will also install PG tires on it for no charge.

Then the rest will be up to you :)

A name? Not sure of we should use the word GO in it...heheh, that might make confusing what scale we are doing. :) But it would be a cool name for a 1/43rd effort!

You folks are the smart ones, you will come up with something I am sure.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:09 am

Yes, we have an address, but right now we want to finalize everything before anyone sends us a car. We made the deadline far enough out that everyone would have time to prepare a car and send it here, even if they live outside the US.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:19 pm

This sounds like a cool proxy. I would be interested in hosting a round for you all. Long as the date doesn't interfere with some upcoming proxies. Just let me know some dates when it will be run. Since Harry has been kind enough to give the winner a car. I will offer to build a brass and wire chassis for the runner up. Will need a body,wheels and tires to do it. Tires will be trued and glued when returned. No silicones please. They are just a pain to true. :)

Track..One lane MDF flat latex tinned copper braid. 82' per lap. Run in both directions.
Power..Pyramid PS26KX run at 10 volt.
Controller..Slot.it
Timing..Trakmate with light bridge.

Under construction now should be ready soon. Pics here. http://www.srqslotacing.com/#!my-routed-tracks/c1rsi

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 am

SRQ< thanks for jumping in. I t will be great to have your track in the event. More tracks the better.
Last edited by Czar on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:01 am

Since this is a race to help beginners become better tuners, if anyone has a any questions about tuning their cars, post them. I, (and/or many others) will be able to help you. There is probably a richer library of tuning info that is easily accessible (thanks Harry) on this site than anywhere else. But, if the information isn't here we can point you in the right direction. I will also offer to true and glue wheels and tires on my TireRazor. BTW, this is an area that will be in this race. I am sure there is some disappointment that after market wheels are not allowed. But, it is amazing what can be done with a true plastic wheel, and it is a good skill to have. Truing can also be done with a block of sandpaper, you don't need a machine. Any questions, let us know - and tell your friends.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Ok, I wanted to do a summary post so far to see where we’re at. I’m listing preliminary entrants, as rules aren’t finalized yet and some people could change their minds. If I missed anything or put anyone on a list that they don’t want to be on, just let me know.

Entrants
Burrell
Czar
Ember
VenturalAlfa
TuscoTodd
Baford1
Bibbster

Tracks
Czar
SQRSlotter
VenturalAlfa
TuscoTodd

Mentors
Czar
Harry
Bibbster

Sponsors
Home Racing World – Astin Martin Vantage (1st Place)
SQRSlotter – Brass & Wire chassis (2nd Place)
Last edited by Burrell on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Burrell, I'm not entering a car. :D Just offering to run a round. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Beginner's Carrera Proxy (for Slot Car veterans too!)

Postby VenturaAlfa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm

I'm in but still trying to figure out a car.

I could probably host a round; 72 foot Revell two lane road course with 180 degree banked turn, pyramid power supply and PM controllers.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 am

There is a slight change to open this to more tracks. Voltage for the races will be 10 or 12 volts, at the discretion of the track owner.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 am

I've added the newly updated list of entrants/tracks/sponsors to the first post. I'll make all additional changes there. I've also updated the voltage options.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:14 am

I will enter and ask about the track at Slotcar Corner
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

After racing tonight, I snagged my car for entry from the LHS! It is the Carrera 27426 Ferrari 458 GT2, AF Corse.
http://www.carrera-toys.com/typo3temp/p ... c376f7.png
This is the first "new" Carrera I have bought since getting a couple of the Cheetahs last year - so this is going to be fun! :D

I do have a question though - since I normally am "forced" to run stock rubber on my cars for the local commercial track classes, any insight on how much of a difference adding PG tires to the car may make for the tracks noted in the proxy? (also - any insight as to the proper size tire for this car would be appreciated as well)

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts (and may provide good insight for those "new" to proxy racing as well!)
Thanks!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ember » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Can't help on size Todd, but the PG tyres are great all rounders. They hook up equally beautifully on plastic or wood. Much better than the stock rubber (unless you guys are into 'treatments') on a greater variety of surfaces.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Czar » Thu May 01, 2014 6:49 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!