[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run

V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run Who's in?

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Dave -
If I throw in on this, am I allowed to host on the local commercial road course that I hosted the Mavs and Carreras on?
(I know for Rusty's proxy - he stated no commercial tracks is why I ask)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Sweet deal! Then count me in for both participating and hosting! :D
The track is at Mark's Model World and it is his "UK Black" track.
Thanks! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 pm

This sounds interesting. I have two problems, however. I don't own any of these old Nascars, so I will have to scrounge up a body from somewhere, eh, eh? Also, if it is not a proxy, does it matter if everyone uses the exact same motor or gears. I have lots of old motors in my parts box, but don't own an M/T 5. I do, however, have a pre-built brass chassis that I built and rejected for the Nascar proxy, that would work well for this one.

I guess my idea of having vintage and modern classes in the Nascar proxy didn't fly. eh?
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 pm

I think everyone should use the same parts.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Keith - hopefully you will reconsider picking up one of the M/T 5 motors so that all the entries have the same drive train and can run "door to door" so to speak. The M/T 5 is a notably low rpm - high torque motor (rated at only 15,200rpm) - and with the noted 3-to-1 gear ratio, on tracks with long straights, even a stock scalextric 18k motor will have nearly a 20% higher top speed capability and may kind of kill the fun door to door effect. :think:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:24 pm

:text-yeahthat:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:26 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:21 am

Hey Dave, Is it necessary to establish a host track voltage to run this series? or does that even matter with fun runs?
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:58 am

Bob,

As long as all the cars are run on the same voltage, what difference would establishing a host track voltage make?

If there are multiple drivers, having them all drive all of the cars would be more of an issue in my book.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:26 am

I would not think it would make any difference, but I have seen that issue come up on several of the various proxy/fun runs.
Thought I would bring it up so there weren't any surprises. For me last is last at any voltage! :lol:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:45 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:24 am

Im with ya Marty! A basis is all that is ever really needed,Whenever there are hard and fast rules, people seem to try harder to get around them.And it almost always come down to whoever has the most money to throw at it.
To me a win at a fun run means i got the car built in time, it made it to its destination and functioned as intended, and i had fun either watching it run or running it myself,beyond that what else is there? I dont know how my ASA Camaro "placed" at Harry's fun run shootout, but i can tell you i was happy as pig just watching it go around with other builds!
This particular series looks very fun to me,and i hope to be a host track.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Man, you left coast guys have "Banker's Hours"!

Here on the right coast we have a half day head start!

Know what I mean, Vern!

:banana-dance:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!