[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run

V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: V.N.F.R. Vintage NASCAR Fun Run

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Congrats on putting together both your first build and on entering your first proxy! :dance:
I look forward to seeing it when it rotates here to Ohio! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:52 pm

No worries on that Dave. Just excited lol
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Experimenting is right. I use these proxy fun run events to try out new ideas. The two cars I sent to Dave for this one are completely different from each other. One is a heavy combination of brass and fibreglass, the other is a very light modified Carrera vintage NASCAR chassis. For the Panamericana, the chassis under the dusty Tucker is a modified Revell-Monogram NASCAR with a very smooth old NC-1 I cleaned up and re-used. I'll probably do a brass chassis for the Barn Find. So few of our group is still around, these events are my test bed to see how an idea runs against other similarly built cars.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby arroldn » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:29 am

Dave,
Talk about the scenic route. My car is now in IA. Our postal service at work. Car was 1 Hr away since the 8th and is now no telling how many miles away. Maybe it will get there by Saturday.

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DES MOINES, IA 50395 on December 11, 2014 at 2:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Haven't checked the tracking on mine today - but "hopefully" it makes landfall at Area 52 today!
Arrold - sorry to hear that yours is taking the scenic route as well - maybe it is using US Route 80 for it's own Route 66 / Hot Rod Power Tour type tour before rolling into sunny California? :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Well I have placed orders from several vendors for years and have had things Priority Mail received in 2 days. Guess I've been spoiled. But this is ridiculous. How do you sort a pack destine for CA to IA when the package is 1 hr from the destination point. OK have worked for Big Brown I know there is human error. But with these modernized sort systems the bar code helps eliminate some of this. The packages are called smart and almost sort themselves. Anyway maybe by Saturday.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:31 pm

these last cars must have got the wrong schedule lol daves house first :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Dave -
Thank you for the kind words! :)

I will say that I am glad / relieved to see it finally finished it's "scenic tour" and found it's home with it's racing brothers! :banana-dance:

Looking forward to how the seeing how the "Northern Ford" does on tour! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:17 pm

That's a relief, isn't it? Its amazing. I try and try to mail as little as possible during the holidays, and sure enough, something always comes up, and then it has friends that come up.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Yes! Most DEFINITELY a relief!
Hopefully Arroldn's finds it's way there soon too! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Todd i want your car!!! Man that is a thing of beauty!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:01 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 pm

When my boys were little, the older of them would get his hands on something the younger wanted, and when I intervened, the older would claim that "Dibs is 9/10ths of the law!" He is also the one who would lick every cookie I baked when my back was turned, so his brother wouldn't want any. Yep. I raise them sneaky, don't I? I will say the younger usually found a way to outsmart his big brother. But to this day, "Dibs is 9/10ths of the law" will break the family into howling laughter.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby arroldn » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Good looking field. Hope to join it soon.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:56 am

Well car left IA this morning. Maybe you will have it Saturday not sure.

Your item departed our USPS facility in DES MOINES, IA 50395 on December 12, 2014 at 2:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!