[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Official V.N.F.R. build thread

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Nice choice Bob. Looking good.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Somebody decided to stay away from the Lazy-Boy today. :D Workin on this one while the first one is tumbling.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:08 pm

Okay two chassis 3/4's the way done in one day. Time to put away the hot stick.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Gotz to get these puppies done so I can get on that roadster and M1A. Then a bunch of others. These will be the last proxy and fun run cars for while.

:music-rockout:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:03 am

Right. I'll let you win a couple. :lol:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Okay, I finally took the time to hunt a body, and the winner is... 1965 Galaxie 500 resin (an old RMS beauty). Now if I can get a chassis together, we'll see what happens. Right now, I'm trying to plan a sidewinder or anglewinder setup for the M/T-5. Its a an FF-150, right? Anybody know for sure?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:10 pm

It's a FK 180 Rob.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks. I can look it up on the Mabuchi website for the dimensions. I really thought I had some of these, but apparently, not. I looked in a bunch of cars I've built, and none of them were M/T-5s, so this is a new thing for me.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Made some headway AND got a chance to finally put the honeycomb to use!
I have to do some more hunting for nails that fit snugger in the holes that the ones I tried to use - but have to say that toothpicks work as a temporary fix! :D

Setting the chassis up to try out one of the new DEVIS3D guides...
Looking forward to when they will be offering those with a post diameter that coincides with normal brass tubing ID's - (the local shop didn't have the right size, I went with a drilled tongue as an alternate.) - but in the mean time, I thought this would be a great platform to try one on! :)

Hopefully will have more updates on Tuesday when my body is scheduled to get here. :)

Happy building guys! :banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi Todd;

3/16 brass tubing should be a pretty good fit for the D3D guide post. It is a bit loose, but if you make sure the screw is flush with the top of the tube, it works well. I've had plastic car chassis that have a much looser fit.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:21 am

Keith -
Thank you for the heads up - I will have to see if that wasn't the size that I had that was "close". :)
(if not - I will have to get some of that!)
With this being for a proxy build, I am trying to make sure that everything is as "robust" as possible and where I can I make sure to minimize the potential for wear/breakage/parts loosening, etc. So for this build I went with a drilled tongue set up as an alternate to using a tube. (no worries about anything working loose that way!) :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Dave, I'm considering doing two entries if I have enough time to finish the second one. That's not a problem, is it? I mean, we're not racing, we're having a fun run... so, okay?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:05 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:55 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 am