[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Official V.N.F.R. build thread

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

Yup. There was a saying painted on the wall of a Dutch market in Pennsylvania I was in years ago that said, "Ve gotz too soon old und too late shmart". At the time, I thought that was dumb, too... nope.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:52 am

Oh, Elmo Langley...that's a nice one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:32 am

Those Torino's were tolerable,But to me,the Gran Torino was the tank of the day! 351-400 modified wouldnt pull a greasy string out of cats a??. They all had the coil springs go soft in about a week,And How the heck Starsky and Hutch ever burnt the tires on one taking off defies the laws of physics's
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:36 pm

A long time ago, either Hot Rod or Road & Track did an article about car stuff on TV, and that red and white Torino with bald tires was in there, along with the A-Team "everything on 4 wheels explodes and does a barrel roll in the air" technique.

I always thought the '69 Torino Ranchero was neat looking, but my dream car has been a '63 Falcon Ranchero that I would drop a 302 into.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby cagee13 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:32 am

Here is my thoughts on entry. I should have plenty of room to mount the mt-5 in the chassis.ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:32 am

If that's a fury chassis that must be a 1/35 scale or smaller tbird body? Pretty short wheelbase there.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby cagee13 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:47 am

The best I can tell the wheel base of a third generation thunderbird is 113 inches which would be 3.53 in scale and the fury chassis wheel base is 3.7 inches. Which it has to be shortened a little to line up correctly. Either way it looks close enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Number 38 is Done! broke in,broke down, and tuned to run!
I know this is a fun run,and not a competition,but this baby is a runner! It is by far the fastest car on my Oval,Bar none.
I guess the weight to Hp ratio is right,as it hooks up just enough to haul the mail even at ten volts. My other MT-5 motored cars will not even come close to this one. So hopefully everyone will enjoy running it as much as I do. Not my best paint and body wotk,but its Good enough for what we will do with it. :lol: Image
Last edited by btaylor on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Sweet!!! I think this is going to make a cool looking field when they all get together! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:23 pm

I had forgot to add the other pics! see above :lol:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:24 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Bob, well done. All fun here and I'll bet yours is a blast.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:19 pm

I have Junior Johnson almost done, and tomorrow, Fred Lorenzen gets his chance. '65 Galaxies everywhere!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 pm

I love that Plymouth. It is just like the first NEW car I ever bought. Mine was a copper tone bronze colour. I wish I still had it, eh?
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 pm

When we were 18, a friend of mine bought a near perfect condition '63 Fury Sport Coupe, push-button drive, flick lever for Park, powder blue with a white leather interior, and dripping with chrome. It had a mechanical lifter 318, and we set the valves together the whole time he had it. It was a great car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!