[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

Postby Gameover » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:27 am

Here's a sneak peak at what I'll be loading up and sending your way harry.

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby woodman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:52 am

2 color combination...Image
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 am

Looking great guys. Both are looking mean, which is a good thing :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 am

Finally have an update on my Torino..

Over Christmas break we remodeled our entire upstairs and I moved out of my home office (and hobby / build room)
so one of our boys could have thier own bedroom..Lots of work to set up a new home office and hobby area in a different room..

I'm finally back up to speed and have a place to do my job and work on my hobby stuff.. so I've been busy on the Sportsman

I finished up the chassis this morning.. body mount setup is in place, exhaust is on and chassis is heading for paint later today..
Going to work on the interior this afternoon.. Getting there. Should make the January 24th due date ~

Picking up paint for the body today too.. (it won't be purple LOL)

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:10 am

Paint? Why it looks fine to me :) Few decals and a shot of clear, you are race ready.

Very nice work on this chassis, very nice. I like that little kink in the front bar. Nice touch. Rear wrap style is dead on.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:45 pm

My ceramic welding plate should be here Saturday. But I goofed and order my torch from an Ebay seller in China. (Look next time at seller location) Scheduled to get here between the 13-27. Hopefully it will be here next week. Brass still hasn't arrived from Professor Motor yet. If everything else gets here this weekend or the first of next week I'll go buy a torch somewhere local. I agree with Harry that Torino looks fine decal and seal. Nice chassis by the way. Hopefully mine will not look a mess. I like your rear mount and was hoping to accomplish something similar. How/where is the front mounted?
Is it the crossbar behind the front axle?

I'll be putting the Cuda in alcohol today or tomorrow to start the body process. No it will not be purple. Petty Blue. I have a lot of it in the basement. Got to order some decals still. Hope I make the deadline.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm

I think the phrase "A slow boat from China" might be appropriate. :(
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby turbokev » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Here's how the body will mount..

..and I took a few minutes to cut and fix that front bumper.. it was way too far out front. Looks better now~

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:53 pm

At the right angle it does :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Arrold, that happened to me years ago with a power supply that is really good, and at the time was cheap. I jumped on the price, and then got an email from Hong Kong. Oops.

Kev, I'm heartbroken... no purple Torino. Oh woe is us. We'll have to struggle through. Chassis looks great.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Gameover » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Just got done at the local hardware store. Brass supply is full. :). Tonight after kids go to bed ill be building mu sportsman chassis :).
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Two boxes arrived from the Professor today, however one should have gone to a gentleman in CA. 10 sets of gears. I called him tonight and will ship his gears on to him. Now I wonder where my second box is? Tracking shows delivered yesterday but I didn't get it. A trip to HobbyLobby is in my sights.

Kev you guys are showing me I'm really out of my league with this scratch building. That chassis is looking good. Or phat/dope as the kids today say.

When is the first race Harry. I hope the other things get here this weekend so I can make the deadline.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 pm

There is just one race Arrold, the 24th of Jan.

But you don't need a race event. If you build a car, you can mail it to me anytime. I'll run it, photo it, and send it back in several pieces like the responsible guy I am :)

:text-datsphatyo:

And as it happens, it appears this is a full blown series now. I see another race event in the future. Same rules, so previous owners are ready and newcomers can jump right in.

But first we will have this one. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!