[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

Postby turbokev » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:28 am

Wow Steve, looks awesome~ I like the red air intake.. its like a warning not to stand too close, or get sucked in :lol:

:text-bravo:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:49 am

Need to clear the body and assemble the loose parts.. Then it hits the track~
Never did my own decals before..turns out it's pretty easy to do. I just grabbed
pictures and / or made my own text in Paint, then sized and moved them around
in PowerPoint. Printed with a ink-jet printer, and sealed the end result with
Testors decal bonder. I had no runs or rips.. I read several bad reviews of Testors
paper but I'm happy with my end results.

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:55 am

Beautiful Kev! Just beautiful. one of the best modeling jobs i have seen so far.
hats of to you my friend! very nice work.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby arroldn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 am

This is really impressive work. Great job.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:35 pm

That looks down right AWESOME!!!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:50 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby strangebrew » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:11 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Yes sir, mighty fine.

It's like a Purple People Eaters club going on in here. I need to repaint my Ford!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:21 pm

And here I thought I'd be the only purple lol

Ps next run of these I think I'll just build it and keep. Wow we have a lot of great builders here!! Way out of my league! I just hope I can out run them, it's my only chance lol
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:26 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:19 pm

I guess so. That 300-6 is one of my favorite engines, you would think I would think of that. I have a '79 long bed pickup parked by the barn with the smoothest 300 I ever saw in it. One of these days, I'll fix it up legal and have some fun with it. If I can't get satisfaction from this idea, that will be my next step. Thanks for the idea!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Being a fan of the 300 (have had many a mid '70 F-series truck) - that was the first thing that popped into my mind. :D
For what it is worth - there is nothing quite like the sound of short shifting into third (with a 4-speed) at low speed and lightly lugging a 300 when it is breathing through 2.5" exhaust routed through a single 50 series Flowmaster topped off with a 3" tail pipe...
Has a DEEP but airy sound that - would always bring a smile to my face! :D
(should have tried to make a recording of that before I sold that truck!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Ah the 300 straight 6. I've had two trucks with that engine! My first truck a 1982 f150 2wd rust bucket. Dang engine wouldn't die. My latest a 1995 f150 that I sold to my dad it has over 200k on it and will far outrun the body :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby turbokev » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 pm

That orange 'Cuda looks awesome~!

I did a 'motor' in mine but it's only a styrene mock up in case anyone takes a flashlight and tries to see what's under the air cleaner
that sticks out of my hood LOL..

Here's my finished Ford~

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm

That turned out awesome!!!
:text-goodpost:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!