[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW 1/32 "Sportsman Showdown"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 pm

Great job, Kev. Looks like a runner, too.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Most of the parts arrived today. Body, motor, gears. The ceramic welding plate arrived broken into across the upper 1/3. Tires should have been here today but maybe tomorrow. I may tape the ceramic plate together and see how it goes.

Diving into the world of scratch building/modeling. Tonight I'll try to get started on the frame. Wash the body and cut out the windshield area. I'm even going to try to make decals. Can you believe it!!!!!

Didn't get any replies on which body the 56 Savoy or the 65 Fury. Since we have seen a lot of old iron being displayed, I've decided to go with the 56 Savoy. Not sure if I should attempt to remove the chrome trim pieces on the body panel or not. The trim will be in the way of door number.
Car will be painted blue and white. Well maybe not. Saw this two tone blue. I like it.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Looks like a good start Arrold!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 pm

I had an old '56 light blue and white Plymouth Savoy station wagon for a fishing car in the '70s. It had a mechanical lifter 318 in it and a 3 on the tree. It got me in and out of muddy holes the 4WD guys avoided. I had the old style Co-Op tires on it. I hated letting it go, but I was getting married and decided it might not be good to go off fishing the way I had been. Silly newlywed!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Gameover » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Can't wait to see it!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:53 pm

OK
Cut the windows out of the body. Will start on chassis tomorrow with my broken ceramic plate. Oh got to go buy a torch since it hasn't arrived yet either.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 am

arroldn -
I think that is going to be one slick ride!
Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

I am still working on my entry action as well!
While initially, I had only intended on sending one car over to head quarters - I think, if all goes well, it "may" have a companion riding along participate in the fun! :D

The first is my "planned" '70 Mustang entry...
It still needs a lot of work before it is finished - but it IS progressing! :)

The second, that I hope I can get completed in time to join the fun is a one is a '57 Chevy bodies from the awesome new M/T Resin's "Fairground Heroes" series. :)
While my build of this body is nowhere nearly as impressive of a build as the one Mark did - I am really liking the way this body looks and how it is coming together. :)
I have notably more work to do on this one than the 'Stang, so it may not be "race ready" by next weekend - but I am still hopeful that I can get her done and shipped out in the same package. :mrgreen:
Here she is currently:

Should be a fun weekend of car building! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:20 am

Oh yeah Todd, these look great! Really nice looking.

Now get these beauties doen this weekend and in the mail :)

24th is fast approaching folks :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 am

Hope to get mine in the mail today, been waiting on adding something extra to the box, but there might be a delay,so off it goes to the races!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby arroldn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Chrome side molding has been sanded flat. May take the door handles off as well. Stopping to pick up some primer tonight. Wheels didn't arrive nor the torch. So Hobby Lobby for primer and Lowes for a torch.

OK First Chassis Build. Not to bad but the Front Axle Carrier got toasted. Now to add guide holder, body mount. Car has been primed. Need to open wheel wells, attach body mounting supports, and paint. Wheels have still not arrived. Hopefully by Wednesday so I can ship on Thursday.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:35 pm

First color coat. Should I leave well enough alone or go for the two tone?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:43 pm

You better hurry and get in the mail if you want it on hand this weekend :) So maybe leave it alone?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Yeah I know. Forgot the mail didn't run today and my wheels may not show up now until Thursday. I'll try to have it finished Thursday and in the mail.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Dude, That is cool as he##! I love it!
You really captured the look with that one.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!