[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - PG for New Carrera DTM

PG for New Carrera DTM

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

PG for New Carrera DTM

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:51 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: PG for New Carrera DTM

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:08 am

For those of you who have not tried PG tires on these cars, please do. Carrera DTM + Paul Gage tires = big fun. Perfect combination of car and tire, IMO, great to drive no-mag on wood or plastic. :banana-dance:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby buspor63 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 pm

So I've seen three sizes listed for the Carrera DTM cars and I'm confused. There are three chassis that to my understanding, all use the same wheel which is great. My group, probably has 15 plus new DTM cars spread across the three chassis and were hoping to decide on a spec tire. We run a mix of plastic and latex painted wood.

Now, back to the sizes. There's the 20125LMXD, 21126XD and perhaps the 21126XXD. The second "X" may have been a typo, but for the moment, I'm going with what I read in a review on here. As I understand, the 20 is the height, the 12 the width and the 6 the center rib width. Just as soon as I think I have a handle on the PGT vs the XGT, I have to break down the LMXD and the XD.

Any help is appreciated, specifically that will help me trounce the competition :lol:
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:11 pm

PitRow/PaulGage/paulgagetires.htm

I found this and it does help. I'm a little concerned about the BMW, I saw it takes a certain tire if you sanded down the center rib and a later reviewed Audi or MBZ took a different tire. Was this before Paul developed a good tire for the range?
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Yes, the BMW was the first car.

From Pauls description:

2 pair PGT-20125LMXD fit front and rear on Carrera DTM... BMW AUDI MERCEDES

New custom size deep groove fits many other Carrera cars as well.

Lower profile than the PGT-21126XD, needs less sanding and truing, lower CofG on routed tracks... less room for error though!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:28 pm

I can confirm that the 20125LMXD is the Mac Daddy DTM tire! I tossed some on the MBZ of mine and it only got better and better. No truing of wheels or tires, some of the credit goes to Carrera for a stellar plastic wheel/axel combo. At the end of the night, the tire had a glossy sheen and was sticky to the touch, now I know what goal to strive for on my other PG tires.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Tire Shop