[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCC '73 RSR IROC - Race #6 Last batch of Photos added 11-30

SCC '73 RSR IROC - Race #6 Last batch of Photos added 11-30

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

SCC '73 RSR IROC - Race #6 Last batch of Photos added 11-30

Postby JESIV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

The Eagles have landed!

Just got a big box-o-Porsches delivered a few minutes ago. I'll get them unpacked and start with the photos over the next few days...stay tuned.
Last edited by JESIV on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCC '73 RSR IROC - Race #6 -

Postby studioRS » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Schweet! Love it, more RSR racing! That would be wonderful on the photos, thank you.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 pm

JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Great pics James!! :text-thankyouyellow:

But next time, put my blue one in front of the other blue one. I'm getting tired of looking at Todd's taillights... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby JESIV » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:43 am

JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:50 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:37 am

Great photos! They definitely look right at home there! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby JESIV » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 am

I just realized we don't have the #9 or the #11 car...that just feels wrong for this particular race.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:17 am

That is so cool. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Re: SCC '73 RSR IROC - Race #6 - First run...

Postby JESIV » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Good news
I took another batch of pictures and finally got the cars on track.
Not so good news
First off the two cars with the, different, Super Guide flags (somewhere there's a yacht that can't turn because their keels are on slot cars) will not work on my track. Way too deep, too think, and too long. Sadly I did not notice until I put the #8 StudioRS car on track, unfortunately the guide broke in the first turn. Bibbster's car looks to have the same, or similar, guide on it so I did not risk running it. I did slowly push the car along the slot and a guide failure is imminent. Secondly, I see very interesting interpretations of the rules, a reminder of why I got out of 'organized' racing. The other 7 cars were fine.
Race organizers let me know how you would like me to proceed. I will PM the two affected car owners.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Those are such great pictures! Several really look real - especially when looking at vintage photos. Great stuff!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:50 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby studioRS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 pm

I have heard back from Thompson and Bibbster. I am 99.9% certain I have a solution already in house for Thompson's car and he has given me the go ahead to replace the guide. I'll get to work on that ASAP. I'll wait to hear from Bibbster and we can go from there.

The rules comment was primarily the 'using parts supplied...' aspect of the builds. It's probably not that huge a deal and frankly was more a reflection of my frustration that I wouldn't be able to get the cars qualified/raced/and shipped in a timelier fashion (this thing has really dragged out). The bottom line is that the cars have ran 6 rounds as they are and no one had an issue so probably best to leave it be.

So with all of that said...Do we continue on or do we call it? I'll go with the consensus but my vote would be get this and the final round in. Full disclosure, I will be pulling my car after this round as it was always going to be a christmas gift to my Dad, and I don't think it would make it another round and then get back in time.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Well...more good news and not so good news.
Good news
Thompson's car has had it's guide replaced and is good to go!
Bad news (for the rest of us).
That thing is freakin' FAST!!
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!